Understanding WhatsApp Channels
The latest WhatsApp update has brought a new feature with the name “Whatsapp channels,” which enables you to add millions of people on a single page. These channels appear in the new section of the application called updates. With the help of these channels, creators and organizations can create followable groups where only owners can send videos, messages, and other media.
WhatsApp channels show a close resemblance to Twitter feeds. Meta announced that Premier League Winners and WHO would be the foremost users of these channels. When opened, channels will sound like a normal Whatsapp chat. However, users won’t be capable of sending messages back to the feed. This feature was initially launched in Columbia and Singapore.
How Do I Create a WhatsApp Channel?
Whatsapp channels are rolling out everywhere now. You can even create your own channel to connect with followers and share updates with them directly through the app. You only need a WhatsApp account to get started. Below are simpler steps to help you create a channel.
- First, open the Whatsapp Web.
- Click on the icon with the name “Channels.
- Afterward, hit the icon “Create Channel.”
- Now, click on the “Continue” option via on screen prompts.
- Give a name to the channel to finish creating it. You can change the name if needed.
- The next step is to customize your channel. You can start customizing by adding an icon or a description or wait until later. The icon can be an emoji, image, or sticker as well. Write a few words about your channel to help the audience understand it.
- Once you are done with everything, simply click the “Create Channel” option.
Whether you have a WhatsApp application installed on the web, desktop, iOS, or Android, the steps to create channels are the same as mentioned above.
Instructions for Sharing Your Own WhatsApp Channel
Around 2.7 billion people use WhatsApp, and the platform always tries to add new features to enhance user experience. Recently, WhatsApp introduced a new feature, “Whatsapp Channel.” Since we are living in an era full of technology and digitalization, the feature is going to rock in the near future. It allows Individuals and organizations to transmit one-way personal messages to their followers.
Here is a complete guide to sharing your Whatsapp Channel with your target audience.
- Once you have created your Whatsapp Channel, locate the Updates tab and click on it.
- First, open your channel and copy the Whatsapp Channel Link from the top right corner of your mobile or desktop screen.
- Once you click on it, you will see the four options: 1. Send the link via WhatsApp. 2. Share my status. 3. Copy link. 4. Share link.
- Choose the option that is feasible for you and share the link.
How to Remove a WhatsApp Channel
If, for any reason, you do not need to continue with your WhatsApp Channel, you can delete it easily. Follow the below steps to delete your Channel from WhatsApp quickly:
- First, move to the Updates tab again.
- Locate the Channel you want to delete and click on the Channel’s name displayed at the top of the screen.
- Shift to the Channel info page, scroll down the screen, locate the Delete Channel button and click on it to remove your WhatsApp Channel.
- Then, the team confirms your deletion by showing a message on the screen.
- Once you confirm, a pop-up will appear where you need to enter the WhatsApp number that you used for Channel creation.
- Enter your number, and click on delete. That’s all.
Why Create a WhatsApp Channel?
WhatsApp Channel is an innovative source of marketing products and services from your comfort zone. First and foremost, a large volume of the world’s population uses WhatsApp regularly. Second, people are more likely to open messages on this platform compared to others. Similarly, it promotes instant messaging, and you can answer your audience’s queries promptly. Besides these, it allows multi-media sharing, and you can openly use it for promoting your products or services.
Furthermore, it has many features like group chat, business API, and personalization. So, it would be beneficial if you make a WhatsApp channel for the promotion of your business. It can brilliantly transform your small business into a well-known Brand.
Create a WhatsApp Channel to Simply Connect with Your Target Audience!